Last Revised: September 4, 2020
THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CONTAIN LEGAL OBLIGATIONS AND CONSTITUTE A BINDING AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND BIPOC TV & FILM. PLEASE READ THEM CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THE WEBSITE.
BIPOC TV & Film (“HireBIPOC”) is a grassroots organization and collective of Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour in Canada’s TV and film industry. From writers, directors, producers, and actors to editors, crew members, and executives, our members are a mix of emerging, mid-level, and established industry professionals. HireBIPOC is dedicated to increasing the representation of marginalized voices both in front of and behind the camera.
3. Access and Use
You must be 18 years of age or older to use the Website.
You are required to register for an account in order to use the Website as a Candidate or an Employer. By registering for an account, you certify that the information you provide is complete and accurate and that you will promptly maintain the completeness and accuracy of the information at all times. It is prohibited to provide any false or misleading information or to impersonate any other person or entity.
You must not disclose your password to any other person or permit any other person to access your account. You must notify us promptly if you know or suspect that there has been any unauthorized use of your account, and we are not responsible for any delay or failure to do so. You remain solely responsible and liable for all activities under your account and any use and misuse of your account by any person.
HireBIPOC reserves the right to suspend or terminate your account or otherwise restrict access to your account, without any notice or liability to you, at any time and for any reason.
5. Restrictions on Use
You agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations at all times while accessing or using the Website. Additionally, you must not:
● access or attempt to access the Website by any means other than the interface by which HireBIPOC makes the Website available over the Internet;
● bypass, remove, deactivate, or degrade any limitations on access to or functionality of the Website;
● impersonate any other person or entity;
● intentionally upload to or transmit through the Website any viruses, worms, Trojan horses, spyware, malware, adware, ransomware, or any other files, software, program, or code of any nature whatsoever that is designed to disrupt, disable, damage, impair, interfere with, intercept, or otherwise harm in any manner any data, media, system, equipment, hardware, or communication, including any part of the Website;
● use any data mining, robots, or other method of gathering, extracting, or aggregating data;
● modify, adapt, decompile, scrape, or reverse engineer any part of the Website;
● generate or facilitate any “spam” or other unsolicited commercial communications;
● use the Website for the purposes of enticing others to purchase goods or services from you or any other person;
● violate any legal rights of any person, including privacy, publicity, and proprietary rights;
● take any action intended to interfere with any other person’s access to or use of the Website, including any action intended to impose a disproportionately large load on the Website;
● upload to or transmit through the Website any content or material that promotes or endorses false or misleading information, an illegal or prohibited activity, or harm to any person or property; or
● upload to or transmit through the Website any content that is illegal, harmful, defamatory, discriminatory, harassing, abusive, threatening, fraudulent, infringing, obscene, or otherwise objectionable as determined by HireBIPOC in its discretion.
6. External Content
The Website may link to, or be linked to from, websites and other content maintained, operated, or offered by third parties and not by HireBIPOC (collectively “External Content”). The inclusion of a link or other reference to External Content on the Website does not constitute HireBIPOC’s endorsement, approval, or affiliation of or with that External Content and HireBIPOC has no control over the availability, reliability, accuracy, integrity, or safety of any External Content. You agree that HireBIPOC shall have no responsibility to you with respect to any External Content, and it is solely your responsibility to review and comply with any terms and conditions applicable to External Content and to take any precautions necessary to safeguard against the personal and technological risks associated with accessing External Content.
7. User Content
By submitting, posting, displaying, uploading, or transmitting User Content on or through the Website, you grant to HireBIPOC, to the extent permitted by law, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, fully paid, royalty-free, transferable, sublicensable right and licence to make, use, sell, sublicense, reproduce, distribute, perform, display, translate, adapt, prepare derivative works from, and otherwise exploit all such User Content for any purposes related to maintaining, operating, marketing, promoting, or advertising the Website or any other of HireBIPOC’s activities. To the extent that any compensation may be due or payable to you in connection with the foregoing licence, you hereby waive any and all rights to such compensation.
8. Intellectual Property
Your use of the Website is at your sole risk. The Website and all Website Content are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. To the fullest extent permitted by law, HireBIPOC disclaims any and all representations, warranties, guarantees, and conditions of any kind, whether express or implied, including but not limited to those related to merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or the correctness, accuracy, quality, or reliability of any part of the Website, the Website Content, or any User Content. HireBIPOC also makes no representation, warranty, guarantee, or condition that the Website, the Website Content, or any User Content will be non-infringing, uninterrupted, error-free, or free of malicious code, or that any defects or errors will be corrected.
You acknowledge and agree that HireBIPOC is under no obligation whatsoever to monitor, screen, or filter any User Content or to run any background checks or verify the accuracy of any User Content. You acknowledge and agree that HireBIPOC will not facilitate any applications, interviews, meetings, or background checks and that HireBIPOC does not guarantee any success or particular outcome with respect to any hiring, employment, or contract for work as a result of using the Website.
10. Limitation of Liability
To the fullest extent permitted by law, HireBIPOC will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence and gross negligence), strict liability, or otherwise for any loss or damage, including any and all direct, indirect, actual, special, incidental, consequential, punitive, or exemplary damages, however caused, arising out of, resulting from, or in connection with the Website, the Website Content, any User Content, or any External Content, even if HireBIPOC has been advised of the possibility of such damages and even if such damages were foreseeable.
14. Contact Us